Self-care is far from selfish. Learn lots of new mantras, tips, tricks, and crafts to help balance out all the moving parts in your life with The Complete Guide to Self-Care.
The Complete Guide to Self-Care features 100 accessible activities that help you reconnect with your body, mind, spirit, and surroundings, and leave you feeling refreshed and ready to face the world again. Caring for yourself is far from selfish and self-care is far from a new phenomenon, but it’s recently been in the popular vernacular. With screens, work emails on our phones, notifications, and poor boundaries between ourselves and the world around us, taking time and making space for ourselves has become more and more important. Therapy, caring for plants, making your favourite dish…these are all little ways to reclaim parts of yourself that you’ve lost track of in the daily hustle of life.
With encouraging reminders, inspiring thoughts, easy wins, and practical advice, The Complete Guide to Self-Care helps you identify your needs so you can relax, refuel, and find calm in your hectic life. This book tells you why mindset is key, how to nourish instead of punish yourself, how to exercise and sleep, and why it is important to go slow sometimes. You live your whole life being you, so why not be your own best friend? The Complete Guide to Self-Care is a book for people who need to relax, chill out, or re-centre. You’ll learn how to achieve this by:
- Setting an effective and fruitful sleep schedule
- Creating exercise routines and not feeling bad about falling off the bike
- Saying no to things you don’t want to do (and things that maybe you do but don’t have space for)
- Reading, writing, art, music, and all forms of expression that water our soul
- Setting aside time that is only for you, no one else, no exceptions
- Watering yourself and giving yourself proper nutrients
In the tumults of our hectic world and your busy life, if you’re working toward being emotionally available and hungry for stability, a happier and healthier you is within your grasp.